ORANGE COUNTY DOG BITE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
- We Are Available 24/7
- We Have Extensive Legal Experience
- We Provide Free Case Consultations
- We Don’t Charge You A Penny Until We Win
- We Offer Dedicated & Personalized Attention
- We Have A Track Record Of Success
According to a State Farm insurance report, California is a leading state for dog bite claims and payouts. In 2012 alone, California experienced 527 dog bite claims and the payout was $20.3 million. Were you attacked by a dog in Orange County? Our Orange County Personal Injury Lawyers at KAL Law APC are adept at helping victims of dog bites in pursuing compensation for the damages caused to them.
THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A DOG ATTACK INCLUDE:
- Calling a first responder (even if the attack wasn’t too serious, an untreated bite can lead to rabies or other serious infections)
- Figuring out who owns the dog
- Identifying the liability insurance coverage (this includes yours and the negligent party’s)
- Filing a complaint with animal control and law enforcement
- Preserving evidence (such as your clothes, photos of your injuries and the attack location, etc.)
- Finding witnesses
- Documenting your recovery (via medical reports, a personal journal, etc.)
- Consulting with an injury attorney so you are aware of all of your options and can ensure your best interests remain protected
CALIFORNIA DOG BITE LAWS
Because California is a “statutory strict liability state,” you do not have to prove negligence or anything else to file a lawsuit and recover compensation. All that has to be established is that you were bitten in a public place or lawfully in a private place. As long as you were not trespassing or provoking the dog, the owner is strictly liable for the damages the dog caused you.
Our Orange County Personal Injury Lawyers say common injuries you can experience after a dog attack include puncture wounds, lacerations, contusions, infections, fractures, serious head and face injuries, and in some extreme cases, loss of limbs and permanent disfigurement. These kinds of attacks can also bring on negative mental and emotional effects.
If you were injured, you deserve the chance to fight for damages that could include past and future medical treatment expenses, loss of past and future wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and possibly other applicable damages such as loss of consortium.
For the proven legal representation you desire, contact our team at KAL Law APC
and request a free consultation! You can reach us at: (714) 912-2224
* The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.